DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How to buy a new car at the best price

Posted by bran56 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

I agree with joe-Huelgoat,but well worth a try,even if you only get a tank of fuel.sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

Dacia Sandero is a bargain basment cut price article.

Trying to get discount would be like going in a pound shop and asking for discount because you were purchasing 3 items.

Sorry no image available
Posted by whatonearth2 - 3 years ago

Try peugeot at ploermel they sell discounted cars of all makes and will buy to order excellent aftersales service as well 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bran56 - 3 years ago

Hi All, Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies they really have been useful.

Bran

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Isn't Dacia a part of Renault anyway?

Sorry no image available
Posted by exboy65a - 3 years ago

Currently 5th best seller in france, simple old technology, little to go wrong, read the reliability reports, or talk to people who own one, you won't get a discount, and unless its a top range model you may have to wait 4 months for delivery. I have a sandero 1.2 petrol/GPL, 55K on the clock now, nothing goes wrong, cheap to buy,cheap to run. as they used to advertise count them on the road! If you buy in the UK you'll save money,but RHD, and costs of importing. Look for a nearly new one, I bought mine at 14 months old, nearly 10k new paid 6, private sale. different dealer no trouble transferring  etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LRV24 - 3 years ago

Yes RR; a modern, reliable, comfortable, economical small car. Good enough for most people, not everyone is prepared to pay for a posh badge and the myths that go with them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rolls Royce - 3 years ago

And with a Dacia, you certainly do!! !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Personally I wouldn't want one but informed reviews on the Sandero from people who own them  are the the opposite of Mr Roller et al.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/owner-reviews/dacia

Just remember you get what you pay for.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mimi56 - 3 years ago

we have a dacia, we where told at multiple dacia garages, dacia do not do discounts or trade-in's... if you want that sort of thing you have to buy renault or other, dacia are seen by renault as a budget car so it is take it or leave it.

word of warning, make sure you get an exact delivery date when you make the order...; if they fail to deliver on time, get onto the garage. we got a car to use until ours arrived and then a credit note well worth having, to use on servicing or extras.