DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

hyundai ix35

Posted by Amilia Bargues - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bob Bowen-382240 - 3 years ago

Sadly in the UK depreciation is an issue, mine is just on 5 years old, top of the range CRDi Premium, half leather seating, special paint, tinted windows, 62k kiles. Just got an idea of sale price to consider replacing it and its only worth £3800. Cars don't hold their value as they do in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Amilia Bargues - 3 years ago

AQ, thank you very much for the detailed description! Sounds very attractive. Given the fact that the fuel consumption of diesel engines is less.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Hello Amilia - I have been very pleased with all aspects of my diesel i30. It pulls strongly and is quieter than some other diesels i have owned. The engine pulls best from 1500rpm upwards in the higher gears (it has 6 gears). Also, unlike some, it has a chain driven camshaft, so no toothed belt to replace periodically (can be an expensive task). I assume other Hyunda (and Kia) engines will be the same, but best to ask.

As with any diesel engine, they need regular longer trips to regenerate the Diesel Particulate Filter (a soot filter in the exhaust), so that the DPF gets hot enough to burn off the deposits collected. So diesels are not best suited to just short trips. I have a mixture of shortish and long trips, so no problems.

The 5 year warranty (7 years for sister company Kia) demonstrates faith in their product, as well as giving peace of mind to owners. If you have a dealer near you, I would recommend that any servicing is done by them, even though you are legally permitted to have it serviced elsewhere without invalidating the warranty. I have not been impressed with French garages that claim to work on Toutes Marques (all makes).  I had a wheel bearing fail on my previous Skoda and the Renault garage ruined the ABS sensor when fitting the new bearing - dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.

Any other questions - please ask.

Sorry no image available

AQ, and what could you tell about the diesel? Have you faced any problems with it? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Just to reinforce Bob's comments. I also have an i30, diesel and can vouch for its reliability. With mixed driving in France and UK, I have averaged close to 60mpg over 4 years and 35000 miles.

Sorry no image available

Bob, thanks for the reply. I think I`ll get it soon. All feedbacks are good. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bob Bowen-382240 - 3 years ago

Can't comment on the i35, only on Hyundai. I have an i30, had it from new, now 5 years old. Excellent car, only two issues. Display lights stopped working and aircon packed in. Hyundau replaced both display and aircon compressor under warranty wiyhout question here in UK.just considering a new csr myself and Hyundai i30 and i40 at the top of tge list.i have had Ford,  vauxhall,  land rover,  citroen, all from new and only Hyundai have impressed me so much.my neighbour had the i35, he changed it after 4 years becauee his wife thought it too big. Nothing wrong with the csr though.