DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Is travelling round europe Still enjoyable for anyone out there?

Posted by frankie faen-443955 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 15)

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

Back in 2014 I took the dog and the camper on a tour of fifteen eastern countries and had no problems what-so-ever. The customs officers between croatia and hungary were a bit macho and a pain,but I stayed polite and was soon waved through.

Will hopefully later this year or next travel up through scandanavia,but as have done norway will go france,holland,denmark,sweden,finland,russia and back down the baltic coast and then enter france through germany.

Do not expect everyone to speak english and always write down the polite words such as hello,goodbye,please,thank you and the likes so that you can at least show willing. Making an effort in another countries languages is a sure way to make friends on your travels.

Why do you ask Frankie faen,are you planning a trip yourself?

I would also recommend that you get to know the mountainous regions of france. This is a very large and beautiful country that offers great diversity.

I travel a couple of times a year across to burgundy,down the juras to the alps then either down to provence and across languedoc into the pyranees and back up,or tour up though the massif central. So much beauty to see and great amenities for campervans. Probably the best in europe.

Bonne voyage

Jamie xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cassiesdad-942501 - 3 years ago

Yes it is the safe way to travel, no hassle with airport security and waiting around for hours. Off to Denmark for a few days at the end of Feb, then driving to explore Corsica for two weeks  in May. You travel at your own pace and stop and explore when and where you want.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

Last Spring we spent 2 months travelling in Europe, we travelled across France, Bavaria & Austria on our way to Slovenia and Croatia, returning via Italy and Switzerland, fabulous trip!  it was our fourth such trip in two years, looking forward to the next one in May, central Spain this time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

I did 500+km on empty roads in beautiful scenery yesterday. What more could you want?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxed - 3 years ago

Definitely,  went to the Algarve back in October, travelled back through Portugal  and then across the North coast of Spain, absolutely beautiful scenery, people and food. Going back later this year to explore further. If you haven't made that trip, it's a must do. Breathtaking at times. Don't let any security issues get in your way. Go for it.