DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

lever for changing headlights ?

Posted by apples-426462 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by BarbaraH-966119 - 3 years ago

Hi, if you have the high intensity gas discharge lights then there is a lever behind the headlight cover, otherwise it's tape! It's worth taking the headlight cover off and having a furtle round to check! Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by apples-426462 - 3 years ago

insulating tape it is !!! thanks everyone for your input  , not going with too much trepidation now .

Sorry no image available
Posted by vwkompak - 3 years ago

Most cars allow you to lower the beams which helps. Black insulating tape is a lot cheaper than the patches!

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

But if you don't use the deflectors your French headlights will shine into the middle of the road rather than the side and consequently dazzle on coming drivers, and the same with UK headlamps when driving in France. Most vehicles have a system for adjusting the height of headlamps but that is to raise or lower them according to the load, it has nothing to do with deflecting.

The fact that there are no notices on the UK side of the channel doesn't make it right not to use deflectors. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

I dont know why people bother to change/add blackpatches I drive over in the UK without any modification to my head lamps.If you notice unlike the UK side there are no notices telling you to change/addthings to your headlamps when entering the UK

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I think it's only usually 'high-end' cars that are fitted with that switch. Rarely is it seen in most makes and models.

Sorry no image available
Posted by apples-426462 - 3 years ago

thats just what I have to do ,plymouth to poole through sunday  night  for the 8 oclock ferry ,but no worries I will buy the headlight patches .

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

Neither have we but then we don't drive when it gets dark!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mobee - 3 years ago

We've driven in the UK with our 'French' headlights on several occasions and never had a problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

What, just to have a look?