DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

lhd headlights

Posted by night&day - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mazdamx5 - 3 years ago

Ian Torode did mine, no problem getting it registered. Do you have the original certificate of conformity? I was asked for the original not a copy before thr paperwork was accepted.  Mine is a 2002 Mark2, it is not a cheap process.

Sorry no image available
Posted by clarksinfrance - 3 years ago

I have done this, for a Mazda Eunos, and although known as MX5 in Europe, the French really didn't want to regisater it. We pfaffed about with the auhorities for 3 years, until someone let it slip that instead of trying to gain a certificate of conformaity, we should ask for a certificate of partial conformity, and from that point on, was as easy as pie.had to get/fit/buy:certificate, lights, VIN plate, noise test and conformity test. Search my name the thread may still be available. I also have a certificate of partial conformity, which is no longer needed, as well as LHD lights (we are back in UK now).

Nick

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

I meant to say i second eBay Germany.

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

It's a shame that you look at it as a long road, immatriculaation is straightforward, and very quick in most cases. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dungey1 - 3 years ago

When I changed my lights on my MX5 3 years ago, I used MX5 Parts based in Portsmouth. I searched everywhere for used or cheap ones but nowhere to be found. MX5 parts where quick and helpful and I have used them for various stuff since....always excellent service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Contact Ian Torode-he can supply just about any LHD Headlamp unit for any vehicle.

http://www.mr-mecanicien.net/pb/wp_8981e7f6/wp_8981e7f6.html

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

You could try one of the Breakers Yards (Auto Casse) but as it's a Mazda I think you could struggle a bit. Search Google France with 'Auto Casse 29 or 22 / 56 / 35 depending on the department you live in. I also searched 'Auto Casse MX5' and found this:  https://www.francecasse.fr/pieces-detachees-mazda/mx5.htm

Good Luck anyway.