Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


MGB Certificate of Conformity

Posted by helenct61 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bandy - 4 years ago

Further to Fitters comments, as he says, EU Certs of Conformity came in for passenger cars from circa '97/98, for motorcycles from circa 2002, and for light commercials from circa 2010. The Cert. can be obtained from the country of registration.

For vehicles made before those dates a French 'Attestation' is obtained from the French offices of the manufacturer. Note, DRIRE (DREAL now) no longer issue certs. unless the manufacturer is no longer in existence.

For vehicles over 30 years old, as has been said, a demand can be made to the FFVE as long as the vehicle is pretty much standard.


Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

The certificate you recieved won't be a certifcate of conformity - it'll be a certifcate of homologation.

C of C's didn't start until after 1997.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

Fitter:     I think you may be wrong re pre-1997 cars. I went to DRIRE in Rennes who sorted out the certificate for my 1995 Citroen ZX for the princely sum of 67.38€, which included posting it to me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by helenct61 - 4 years ago

Thank you, I knew the AI community was going to be able to help :)

I'll pass that on to my friend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

You won't be able to obtain a C of C for a car made before 1997.

Contact this organisation who have a procedure to allow you to jump through all the hoops to register it here.


Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

An attestation from FFVE costs €50 and does the same job the details and downloads are available here