DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

no claims discount

Posted by dailytab - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

Ask James Martin, there are many way ranging from around 20 seconds to a minute and edible or not. Where you live, what language you speak, what kind of omelette, what's going in or not. So I would say a couple of hundred or more. An omelette is like cooking a steak, a good chefs nightmare as it requires constant attention and on a busy service, is a right pain...

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I wonder how many ways there are to make an omelette?.

Sorry no image available

Oh dear, maybe not..a glitch? Oh well, try and read through the gobbledy gook !

Sorry no image available

To put this to bed, I went through some paperwork for clients. In general a simple call to the assureur does the job. Here is another common way to ask "une attestation de l'assureur (relevé de situation bonus-malus)" comes to exactly the same thing.

Here is a typical letter should you wish to send one rather than call. And yes, you could just as easily put relevé d'information in place and to be fair, probably written more so in that way. My point was only that you can ask for the proof in a few ways and not as determined by geegee by only asking for a "releve"

So now the OP knows precisely what to do !

span style="font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">span style="font-size: small;">Entreprise

span style="font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">Prénom + nom du destinataire

span style="font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">span style="font-size: small;">Rue + numéro

span style="font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">span style="font-size: small;">Code postal Localité

Lieuspan style="font-size: small;">, span style="font-size: small;">date

span style="font-size: small;">Concerne :span style="font-size: small;">demande d'attestation de bonus-malus

span style="font-size: small;">Chère Madame / Cher Monsieur span style="font-size: small;">nom de la personne de contactspan style="font-size: small;">,

span style="font-size: small;">Dans la mesure où je contracterai une nouvelle assurance auto auprès d'une nouvelle compagnie d'assurances à partir du date, je vous prie de bien vouloir me faire parvenir dans les plus brefs délais une attestation de bonus-malus couvrant la période du date au date, qui correspond à la période au cours de laquelle j'ai été inscrit auprès de votre compagnie en tant que conducteur de véhicule.

span style="font-size: small;">Je vous prie d'envoyer l'attestation demandée à l'adresse susmentionnée.

span style="font-size: small;">Merci d'avance pour le suivi.

span style="font-size: small;">Sincères salutations.

span style="font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">[Signature]

Sorry no image available

geegee, if you have lived here for sometime, it is too simple to say "If I want a loaf of bread, or a beer I ask for them,. Well next time sit in a bar and listen to the ways a beer is asked for, listen in a boulangerie and see how many ways bread is asked for.

An attestation de bonus malus is no less a way to ask for a releve, DN, it is no different, you would receive exactly the same thing. FGS I must have asked for the releve and /or attestaion too many times to even know how many and whatever of the two I said, the same thing was known to the assureurs. Why in hells name wouldn't it be! Quite unbelievable !

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 3 years ago

The releve d'information is a bit more than just bonus/malus. Its contents are controlled by law.

There is a requirement on an insurance company to provide you with this document if you request it, they must supply it within 15 days. It is a simple request it can be by phone or letter it does not have to be by A/R letter.

It contains, the dates of your insurance, the named drivers, the details of the vehicle/s covered, the claims history, the determination of fault concerning claims, and the bonus/malus which is the actual NCD. It normally covers at least 2years and up to 5.

To get an accurate quote from a new insurer you will need all of these details. Under the law Hamon, the new insurer can have the old insurer send it direct to them. So it can be you do not need to ask for it yourself.

Sorry no image available

Possibly but if I wanted a loaf of bread I would ask for a loaf of bread, if I wanted a beer I would ask for a beer, and when an insurance company asks me for a releve d'information from my old insurer that's what I ask them for.

Sorry no image available

No one said you were wrong but you quite firmly said " No you  must ask for a releve d'information" as if there is no other way to ask for proof of no claims. Do you know how many ways you can ask for a loaf of bread, for a drink in a  bar and all would be fine and understood, do you see my point? I rang up and and would ask for an attestation, it is one and the same thing fgs. Weird you say? I really do not think so, this is France.....

You just said "releve d'information not just proof of bonus" which surely you realise is exactly the same thing ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by dailytab - 3 years ago

thanks alot now ihave learned something, but hey, i asked that question around 12 midnight and i get all this lovely answers, seems like some of us dont sleep to early ...

Sorry no image available

Weird, every insurance company I have dealt with in France has always asked for a releve d'information, my daughters are now changing their insurances and have been asked for a releve d'information, I am now changing mine and although I am fully aware bonus is bonus be it English or French I have also been asked to provide a releve d'information not just proof of bonus, maybe there are other ways to ask but I am only passing on my experience which may or may not be the experience of others.