DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

notification new licence is ready for collection

Posted by monkeyhanger - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

Take your UK license!!  When I applied for a French license they took my UK license away from me.

Having said that it was no big deal. Had to visit Plerin twice because I had not taken the correct documentation. my mistake, not theirs.  Other than that no problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

We are in the process of adding the towing category to my husbands licence - we were given a number and told to log on to the prefectures website and log in with the number given, we then added our email address and mobile phone number and it said we would receive an sms and an email when the licence is ready to collect. That was last Thursday........ I believe we can log in and check the progress of the licence but haven't done so yet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

Am I reight in thinking this will be a new licence in credit card format?

Sorry no image available
Posted by monkeyhanger - 3 years ago

Hi,

Thank you all for replying it has been 6 weeks up to now so i will give them a little bit longer.

Regards,

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by Vannetais - 3 years ago

I had a letter sent through the post that the licence was ready to collect at Vannes prefecture, good system, took two months.

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Name With No Horse - 3 years ago

Hi Dave,

I recently obtained my licence from Lorient. No, they did not send an e-mail, in my case they sent me a number by post and a website address from which I could track the progress of my new permis. Eventually the site reported that my permis was awaiting collection at Lorient.

When you do finally go to collect ensure you take identification and your old UK licence as well as the piece of paper with the number.

Bon chance!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretongirl56 - 3 years ago

We received our new licences from the Prefecture, Lorient in August. They send you an e mail to let you know they are ready for collection.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dabbityduck-384379 - 3 years ago

I waited 2 months, heard nothing, went back to the prefecture at Vannes and it was there waiting for me

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

I have just re-newed my licence at Lorient. They gave me a paper with their details and told me to ring them in 4-6 weeks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

If I remember correctly, when I did it just over a year ago they wrote to me by snail mail