DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

On line tyre shopping recommendation and warning

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

I used Euromaster. Tyres ordered online then fitted at their nearest fitters. Excellent value and service. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Our young garagiste which we have used since he arrived on the retirement of the old garagiste services and repairs all our cars, he is young and vibrant and a super mechanic.

He charges us €7,50 per wheel/tyre inc balancing, we buy onlne at one of three internet companies, delivered here with price being the main denominator. He will fit our pieces required on the car as well. And yes, we are fully aware he cannot guarantee the pieces he fits.

It definitely pays to use your local garage, or at least one you will use all the time. I have lost count of the number of times he hasn't charged us for jobs done, not serious jobs but certainly work that  may have cost 30 minutes at another garage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarmachead - 3 years ago

He's got the plates for it

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sheldon-433307 - 3 years ago

I suggest Itinerant Child buys in the UK in future then.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Perhaps should read some ,but my experience has been yes no problem but can only guarantee fitting,which is what I would expect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarmachead - 3 years ago

" most garages will fit them for you " ( spare parts ) - not true - if you buy the spare parts and something goes wrong with them the garage will blame the part so are reluctant ( in my experience ) to fit parts they have not supplied - but then I can only speak from experience and am not an expert

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Most garages will fit the tyres for you and should cost €10 a tyre,it also works with car parts which are considerably cheaper on line,most private garages will fit them but of course not main dealers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dagbaruch - 3 years ago

I have used allopneus for over 5 years, with a giid service, and home fitting.  Home fitting costs between €15 to €20 per tyre, including balancing, removal and refitting.  Much easier than waiting at a garage, 20 minutes away.

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

Hi Lakeman,the cost of fitting may go up a tad though I find that even with raised fitting charges you are still quids in. The last time that I bought tyres from a garage and had them fitted cost me a couple of hundred euros for the two and they were not a known tyre. The last two I ordered were firestone and cost about 150 with fitting. Definately on line shopping for me :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

Many of the online tyre  services like allo pneus, 123pneus etc.offer delivery to your home or to a garage of your choice for fitting/balancing. I have always found prices and service excellent when I have used them.