DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Peugeot/Citoen towbar electrics

Posted by lollymatch - Created: 2 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ziggy Stardust - 2 years ago

That's a shame. No worries though, when you get to it, if you're struggling, don't be afraid to ask. I don't know if your towbar is the same as the one that I put on my van, but I had to take off a piece (the only piece that could be unbolted) and refit it after the main part was bolted into place. At first it didn't look like mine would fit. Anyway, hope you get it sorted, bon chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by lollymatch - 2 years ago

Hi Barwood. Yes it is a Peter Russek manual.

Hi Ziggy. After three hours trying to get the towbar in it appears that at some point the back end has been pushed in by about half an inch so I'm afraid to say the mission was aborted for another day as I will have to modify the brackets a bit. Thankyou for your kind offer but I won't be able to do it for another fortnight. Best regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 2 years ago

Is it a Peter Russek manual?

Sorry no image available

Barwood, my wife found a manual on ebay.uk for me... a little bit like a poor man's version of a Haynes manual.

Sorry no image available

I couldn't really find anythung that was of much use, so I just went ahead and did it. I'm assuming the towbar you are fitting has a socket on it that is already wired up? All you need to do is connect it to the cars wiring?

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 2 years ago

Could I just ask where did you find the wiring diagrams please??

Sorry no image available

One word of advice, go and get some scotchblocks before you start and before the shops shut if you don't have any. Little electrical connectors that make the job so much easier.

Sorry no image available

Thankyou, Ziggy. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sorry no image available

I'm not too far from you. I'm busy tomorrow, but it isn't too difficult to work out. If you're struggling don't panic. Get the towbar fitted and if need be I'll pop over on Sunday and sort it out. If you're going to try and do it, you'll need a multimeter and a bit of patience.

Sorry no image available

I'm based in 29, Gourin area.