DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pilote Convoi Exceptionnel

Posted by G&N-561546 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by seasidegirl-446046 - 3 years ago

hi my name is Simon and I have an English pilot car business in Brittany and plenty of experience  - ring me on 0688988631

Look forward to hearing from you by phone please

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Ditto.  I did just that on several occasions as a casual employee for a UK company delivering Broads cruisers to France.  Sign & flashing lights on my little van and never a problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

What utter rubish anyone is allowed to be a Convoy pilot , I have been moving Wide loads etc for over 40 years and you just inform your pilot of your needs and get on with it as long as you have the markings and requisit flashing lights its legal.. how do you think farmers move there combines ? they don't hire in special drivers its a farm worker , all of the agricultural companys do the same. Yes there are proffesional convoy drivers but they do mostly national or international work and have fitted out vans with beds and such . 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mechanician - 3 years ago

A friend of ours wanted to move a combine harvester  from dept 35 to dept 22, the cost of the transport was horrific and he he had to get a Pilote Convoi Exceptionnel as well which was not included in the cost by the haulier . the best place to find a Pilote Convoi Exceptionnel  is on pagesjaune (www.pagesjaune.fr) and you can find one local to where you are based (not Brittany?)    Dont be tempted to get someone to  stick a Convoi Exceptionne sign on car to do this as the Gendarmes will not be amused.