DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Portsmouth to St. Malo car transport problem

Posted by bella-382361 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by White rose 44 - 3 years ago

Hi Bella

Have you thought of an 'A' frame where the car to be picked up is hitched as a trailer to a UK registered car and towed under the UK plate.  Will not work for automatics. I visit Rostrenen once a month via St Malo and possibly could drop off that little bit further provided the car you have is suitable to be towed by this method.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Exmansworthy-10052202 - 3 years ago

Bella...you took my comment entirely the wrong way ...I too would look for a cheaper solution to any problem I had.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bella-382361 - 3 years ago

Exmansworthy

You could have sent me a private message !!  I took it as an insult thaty you chose to publicly insult me and infer I am a cheapskate by going for the cheapest. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Exmansworthy-10052202 - 3 years ago

Bella...yes my nephew does live In Uk BUT as I explained by email "he will be here bringing other vehicls to Franc & able to transport both your Freelander & your injured husband" only question was "when would you like this transportation to be done".  I tried to help you & obviously not appreciated!!!

Sorry no image available

Oops,

Meant to direct the last message to one of the posters  but they will know who they are.

Sorry no image available

Thankyou for the suggestion but I have already done that.  I have tried several sites- it is such a good idea.   If I could start from a large place like Pontivy, Rennes or Vannes  it is very likely but unfortunately not too many travel to St. Malo from Carhaix direction.  Sent by private message because of the bickering.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

................and she now has a solution!

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Only after several people ignored the OP's original question did they have to say it was road legal.No one has given a possible cost of using a low loader yet.

Sorry no image available

Exmansworthy

How many people on this site would hire someone's relative who happens to  live in another country (the UK)  to do such a small job in France?  The solution I have been offered is the best not the cheapest.

Apart from a few very helpful suggestions from people who managed to comprehend my posting it has been a thread of  assumptions.  You know nothing about me, my nationality, where I live, where my cars are situated and I would think that living in Europe for most of my life I would know more about the rules and regulations than many of these new arrivals who seem to know everything about everything.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

Moi, as the OP makes the point that the car is road legal I presumed that they were not only asking for someone to transport it but would be equally happy to find someone to drive it.