DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Private plates

Posted by DamianHannett - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by heureux - 3 years ago

Citation :

Article R412-16 Modifié par Décret n°2009-136 du 9 février 2009 - art. 8 Les véhicules de collection sont autorisés à circuler sur l'ensemble du territoire national dans les conditions fixées par un arrêté du ministre chargé des transports pris après avis du ministre de l'intérieur. Le fait, pour tout conducteur, de contrevenir aux dispositions du présent article ou à celles prises pour son application est puni de l'amende prévue pour les contraventions de la quatrième classe. L'immobilisation du véhicule peut être prescrite dans les conditions prévues aux articles L. 325-1 à L. 325-3.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

BartB is as usual spot on

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

"I have a 1975 Land Rover , they registered it on collectors plates so now I can't drive it unless its to a bloody collectors meeting"

What on earth are you talking about?, it used to be that you could only drive a collectors car in your own and berdering departments without a permit but that restriction was removed some years ago, I think at the same time as the general shake up of number plates and the introduction of 5 yearly CTs for collectors cars

Sorry no image available
Posted by roversteve - 3 years ago

Hi Fred,

I went down the collecters route but the nice lady at the prefecture said it was not a good idea, So I went with the normal registration for the Triumph T100ss.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

I have a 1975 Land Rover , they registered it on collectors plates so now I can't drive it unless its to a bloody collectors meeting and I can't change it back to a normal registration so its now useless to me as an everyday car ..  Be carefull what you do ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

You will still have to register it onto French plates though. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by DamianHannett - 3 years ago

Cheers Steve, that sounds like it should work

Sorry no image available
Posted by roversteve - 3 years ago

Hi Damian,

The french do not have private numbers, What I did with my 1968 Triumph T100ss was to inform DVLA that I was taking the bike out of the country for a few years (working abroad )  They can hold a number for you, Not much demand for 1968 numbers though.

Happy biking in France.

Steve.