DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Problem with car key

Posted by JohnP-390097 - Created: 2 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Darrell-Weiss-859808 - 2 years ago

My friend was having the similar problem. But then he sorted out the solution by reprogramming the new key in synchronization with the old key and door lock. Now, this will result into the inter understandable fuctionality within the door lock and both new and old key. You can also term it as a concept called artificial intelligence.

Sorry no image available
Posted by car22 - 2 years ago

eg A remote fully programmed on site WITH PIN 100 euroes  

Renault Kangoo 2003-2007 (some)
Renault Trafic 2002-2010
Renault Master 2005- 2009 

Vauxhall Movano 2004-2009
Vauxhall Vivaro 2002-20105-2009 

Nissan Interstar 2003-2009
Nissan Primastar  

like i said verys on the year and make and model audi A4  EG 1999-2001  90 EUROES 

Sorry no image available
Posted by oldminiman-10052272 - 2 years ago

I agree but I paid no more than that to Audi in Vitre for a new key with fob which they programmed and paired with my A4.  That was about five years ago I admit.  It doesn't help your current situation I know but sometimes the main dealers are not as expensive as one thinks but I have no experience with Citroen.  Good luck.

Sorry no image available

To be  fair they do not no , and most dont speak english. They are not trained and do not have the right eqwipment  to do the jobs . In the uk there is a auto key programmer every 30 miles here im the only one between  Brittany and Paris .And fully booked till the end of April, its all about the eqwipment costs some  keys ,remotes and chips are cheap ,others depending on year and model are expensive eg remote on yours uk 150 a key 100 . If anybody loses there one and only key you have to have 2 keys programmed in .So 2 keys diagnostic added lost key number and pin number is expensive 350 to 500 .Insurence companys  are going away from paying out for lost keys aswell , And doing keys from a photo nver really worked . remember you are in France and the cost of lost keys is about 1600 as they dont have the eqwipment to do it  .

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 2 years ago

I agree but I wouldn't call 85€ cheap for a key and I had no idea it was going to screw up the system. Looking on the internet this is a recurring problem so I cannot believe the guy who cut the key didn't know there could be a problem. If I get this fixed I will show him the facture and if the corrective measures means his key no longer works I shall be looking for my money back.

Sorry no image available

Cheap is not always the cheapest in the end.  By the sound of it the main dealer at Citroen will have to sort it for you.  Was a lot easier when  just had keys lol.

Sorry no image available

Also lexia software will not pull the pin number it will be another cost to get the pin .

Sorry no image available

no the key you had done at the store will not work and you need two keys to program the remote the garage will do a diagnostic key for more money to make the remote work you cannot program one key on that model ,

Sorry no image available

It is my belief that because  has over ridden the system by using the key his original fob won't work and it is that which needs to be paired again to the car.  I doubt if Haynes will be of any use.  I may be barking up the wrong tree and apologise if I am.  It's a common car so some other owner will have a handbook explaining how to do it .

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 2 years ago

Car22, Are you saying that when I next have the car serviced or have the remote reset, both my keys will fail?