DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Re importing previously French registered vehicl

Posted by oldminiman-10052272 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by oldminiman-10052272 - 3 years ago

Thanks pilot.  I personally feel that despite all the scaremongering and positive assumptions of coming out, we will remain in.  I don't believe the majority believe either side and in reality, won't rock the boat.  I would advice all to vote the way that suit their own circumstances and for those in France, it is better to remain and for me planning to return the same.  You can only help yourself as no other bugger will.

regards and thanks

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

I think that you are absolutely right to wait until after the referendum, the living might get difficult here financially if it's an out vote,   Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by oldminiman-10052272 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies.  My new style still appears on the insurance sites as before  not the others.  I thought it would be as before but thanks for your help.  As for coming back we have delayed selling up in the UK pending this referendum.  The exchange rates are very jittery at the moment with a possible threat from HSBC of parity should we exit the EU.  Not good news for those planning to move over or those who's incomes come from the UK.  When we lived in France and the Euro hit 93p it made a huge difference to income so parity would be a nightmare for many.  We started the plans prior to being notified of the 23rd June vote having thought it would be 2017. 

Thanks again.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by bossbird - 3 years ago

We did exactly this last year, re-registering our english car, that we had previously had on both French and English plates. We had to do exactly as we had the first time with a trip to the tax office for the import form and also the prefecture etc, we didnt need a new certificate of conformity as it had been registered as having been supplied the first time. We did not get the same number back, although it was on the new registration type, they told us it had already been released to someone else, but that didnt bother us. Sadly we couldnt short cut anything, just be prepared for the same hurdles to jump. Welcome back!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

If it was on the new type of permanent  number then it should get the same number back again ! as for the collectors car just FFVE register it then it only needs a CT every 5 years!