Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


re registering second hand car

Posted by troy Mc Lure - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Is it a French car? If it is a French car you will only need to change the numberplates if they are the old type ending in the Departement number. The new style AA 123 BB numbers stay unchanged. Even if the plates are changed that does not affect the number shown on the CT vignette, the old number can remain until the next test. The paperwork shows the VIN as well as the registration number.