DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Registering UK vehicle.

Posted by Fingers crossed - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackorjason - 3 years ago

So did mine - guy testing never mentioned anything about a change

Sorry no image available
Posted by stumpy2733 - 3 years ago

CT'd my UK car last month, speedo principally MPH, with smaller KPH numbers, passed, never said anything about it. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fingers crossed - 3 years ago

Hi, yes, usually uk speedos show MPH and KMH but the principal reading is MPH. Agree with what you are saying but I think the principle reading needs to be KMH?

Probably right regarding digital but the vehicle I am looking to register is not a digital speedo.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackorjason - 3 years ago

My cars show my speed in mph and kmph - both ' readings ' on the dial - thought this was normal etc - on those that are digital you'd just change surely

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fingers crossed - 3 years ago

Thanks for the input, not sure things are any clearer though. I do know that up till around 5/6 years ago some CT stations would pass your car even if the headlights just had the deflectors on. Is this a similar thing where some stations will pass without speedo change and some insist on it?

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

This must be a recent requirement, I registered my Uk car here at Vannes , 3 months ago without any mention of needing to change the speedometer .I had the ususl CT, on Uk plates, CoC was free from UK, and in Vannes Prefecture it took less than 30 minutes to obtain a provisional French number .

Beware you have to pay , based on fiiscal rating and age  ( 50 % reduction if over 10 years old I was told ( the car, not me ) !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Yes.