DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Registration Tax for an older car.

Posted by Motors-996018 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foppe - 3 years ago

it probably did exsist before 2014 but it did change a lot in 2014, rules and prices changed as a new law passed in 2014.

http://news.autoplus.fr/news/1476455/Taxe-Bonus-Malus-Ecologique-Barème

Sorry no image available
Posted by Field18 - 3 years ago

Foppe If you care to read the link I posted you will see that the malus tax commenced January 2008.

Please post links to where you get your information as it contradicts the French government's information websites.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foppe - 3 years ago

field18, you were lucky as the Co2 tax only came in place in 2014 I believe, so you did not have to pay it in 2012 when you registered your car :)

but it seems if the car is older then 10 years there is nothing to pay as they deduct 10% each year as stated.

Sorry no image available

Shame tis forum does not allow editting.

Should be Horse box.

Sorry no image available

Depends on the car. In Jan 2012 I bought a 6 yr old  low mileage Jeep Grand Cherokee in UK for €9000.

Headlights €400 cert of conformity €130. Best French price for equivalent car at the time was €14000 to €15000.

Registration cost no different from re registering French bought car.

Before anyone shouts about polluting gas guzzeler I would point out that your average family car would struggle to pull a forse box with two 500kg ponies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

So you will have o go through hassle to get it registered and pay through the nose-why not keep it simple either by buying a car in France or at one of the LHD dealers in the UK and trade in your car at the same time

Sorry no image available

Clearly explained here. Use google translate if necessary.

http://www.carte-grise.org/eco_pastille_vehicules_neufs.htm

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

Field18....perhaps you could also post this on Poitou-Charente where they need to know this as the doubting Thomass are still ranting on...

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

Field18....perhaps you could also post this on Poitou-Charente where they need to know this as the doubting Thomass are still ranting on...

Sorry no image available

The co2 "malus tax" is a one of tax on registration in France and is only applied to vehicles first registered in EU after 1st January 2008.  The tax reduces by 10% each year so a 10 year old car meets both criteria to be exempt from this tax.