DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Renault Master question...

Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - 4 years ago

Update...thanks for all the advice. I managed to 'splice' the new primer bulb into the fuelpipe using a 'sleeve' of oversize tube and jubilee clips. The van has started first time and seems to run OK for the last couple of days so hopefully problem solved, touch wood!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pitstop-401534 - 4 years ago

Hi

the plastic pipe is probably 8mm , the 2 short rubber pipes ( fuel quality ) should match , eg there inner diameter should be 8mm 

then you should be able to push it all together and hose clip it up , it may not be easy and go for tighter than looser , also make sure the primer has a one way valve and that it is fitted in the right direction towards the filter/engine

there is no real fuel pressure as such as it probably has no electric pump , but more importantly there is a vacume needed , once the vacume is lost then the vehicle will probably not start , 

Note that the fuel filter itself is also a cause of vacume/starting problems , same symptons !

good luck ,      Ian T

Sorry no image available

Hi Ian...many thanks for taking the time to reply. I bought a primer bulb and then realised that it wasn't easy to 'plumb' it in with the plastic fuel pipes, I assume that heat is used to make the connections. Anyway, I then bought the complete section and that's no easier! I'm pretty sure that it is the bulb...if I bought some oversize rubber fuel pipe I could splice it in with jubilee clips but would it matter that the fuel pipe isn't the same bore throughout, the rubber pipe would be bigger I guess. I'm thinking it shouldn't make too much difference as it's all sealed and the fuel is under pressure anyway? It's unfortunate that I'm a bit too far from you...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pitstop-401534 - 4 years ago

Norauto sell a new primer bulb kit  with a non return valve , replace the faulty one , eg , splice this inline 

This is a common starting fault on Renault dci

regards   Ian T

Sorry no image available

Hi Motors...thanks for your reply. I did some more research and it does appear that the fuel tank has to be dropped to get to this connection. What appeared to be a simple fix is now a lot more complicated (for a non-mechanic!). I think it is the priming bulb causing the problem but not easy to change just this with the PVC fuel pipes, I'll have a think about using rubber pipes with clips, this could be the answer! Get in touch if you're a mechanic near Morlaix who can drop the tank for me as this would be my favoured solution...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Motors-996018 - 4 years ago

If there is no access from the top you will need to drop the tank down or out - easier if it's near empty.  Those PCV pipes can usually be repaired with rubber fuel hose secured with jubilee clips on damaged sections which might be a lot easier.