DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rennes train station

Posted by Live&Love - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Thank you georgeV we are going for a couple of days so we shall have to park car at one of the main car parks by the station then.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

The Metro works are affecting various parts of the centre of Rennes.  I park at an out of city car park and take the metro to the station.  Just a warning you cannot leave your car overnight at the free Metro Parks.

Sorry no image available

Thank you, leave with plenty of spare time then to allow for the roadworks. :D

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

They were there when we were last in Rennes in August and I think it's going to be a long job.  Not sure but I think it's something to do with the Metro.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lqe29a - 3 years ago

I recently used Resaplace which is in the multi story next to the station though difficult to get to through the road works and is badly signposted.

Sorry no image available

Thank you woody it is "resaplace" that I have a link for the car park. So make sure I leave with plenty of spare time because of the road works. Are they on for a long time?

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

As already mentione there are lots of roadworks at the moment so if you decide to park in the station it's better to enter via Gare Sud, but it is expensive.  We were once lucky enough to find free parking within walking distance  but you can't rely on it!   The last time we went we parked in a car park close to the north entrance station and booked through an organisation called "Resaplace" and it worked out at 59 euros for five days.  You should be able to find the address if you google it as we didn't make the booking so don't have it.  

Sorry no image available

Thank you PamandAndrew. That's good to know about the road works and easy to get to, I have a satnav too :). My children and I can get to paris and back for 60 euros including the metro in the October holidays. Much cheaper than driving up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - 3 years ago

I was there on Tuesday, it was relatively easy to find (satnav) but there are a lot of roadworks in the area and I think the station itself is being redeveloped. The car parking areas weren't very well signed, in my opinion, and I managed to go in the wrong one, there are two or three! The one I ended up in is for reserved parking which I assume you can do online and this was the easiest to find! I had to seek out an attendant to let me out but he let me off the charge so worth the hassle to get free parking! Anyway, I found it a little confusing which is down to the road/building works I think. The offers are good, my wife got a single first class to Paris CDG for 34€