DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Respray

Posted by Bessiebike - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bessiebike - 3 years ago

ok thanks. Sounds like it's a no-no!

Sorry no image available
Posted by car22 - 3 years ago

just had a qwote for a  kangoo 1500 euroes and  in the uk £900 to give you an idea

Sorry no image available

Ideally the complete job. But not sure the price will be in my budget!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

So Bessiebike,do you want the "Surface Rust" done or are you going to prepare it your self IE treat the rust, flat it down, use  filler any where that is needed.

Basicaly what I am saying is do you intend to do the prep and just want a "Blowover" or do you want all the prep done by the painter/sprayer ?

Because that will depend on the price of the Job

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Coach painting if done properly can achieve excellent finishes, but believe me it's a highly skilled job and definitely not for the average person with a paint brush in hand so beware.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that Hilary. The car is in brilliant mechanical condition but the paintwork has just faded. We have tried t cut red restore and its improved it quite a bit. There are odd areas of surface rust but in general I just want it tidied up to the original colour, sunrise red (vallelunga). Thanks, Rob.

Sorry no image available
Posted by le chef - 3 years ago

Depending on what you want to achieve, you could try hand painting with tractor paint from your local agriculutral merchants, it gives a good finish when brushed if prepped first. Personally if prefer 2cvs a bit weather worn.

Sorry no image available
Posted by le chef - 3 years ago

Depending on what you want to achieve, you could try hand painting with tractor paint from your local agriculutral merchants, it gives a good finish when brushed if prepped first. Personally if prefer 2cvs a bit weather worn.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

Bessiebike,It does of course depend on what you want,IE A quick blow over to make it look reasonable do  you want to change the original colour to some thing else which will entail painting the inside of the doors and engine comparrtment etc.

Can you be a bit more specific??

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

A good link to show what can be achieved with coach paint here:- 

http://www.canaljunction.com/philspeight/coach-painting.htm