Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


RHD pick up truck

Posted by radar-952714 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

We've got a 2005 uk reg L200 K74 double cab and we registered it here in France. No particular problem or cost about €450 as I recall.

What you need to establish with your truck is if it is an official european import.

If the chassis or VIN number has 17 digits it should be relatively easy to register.

If it only has 11 digits it's a grey import to UK - forget it.

Get the Cof C from Mitsubishi UK not Mitsi France.

Best of luck.


Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

So long as it's an official european import then no probs,

You'll need a CoC from Mitsubishi France and otherwise it's all as normal, Quitus Fiscal from the hotel des impots that deals with your commune, CT if required.

If it's not an official import it will be a bit more involved.

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Micaela-554930 - 4 years ago

Yes, you can reg it in France but you will need a French COC and it will take forever ! Cost to do our sons was almost 1000 euro,s for everything and took 18 months. Use you local secretary at the Mairie to send off paperwork as they issue an attestation which covers you for time it take just incase you are stopped. Good luck with it.