DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Route barree

Posted by max clifford - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by max clifford - 3 years ago

Hi everyone

Some very interesting replies to my posting,when the fine arrives I will put it up on here,Happy motoring

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

"It does not matter what time of day it is or if it is a weekend or christmas day, signs are there for a reason."

Quite often because the workers have been too lazy to remove the sign when they finish.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

These signs are important to protect vehicles, pedestrians and workers.  They are put there for good reason. To ignore them once would be silly. To ignore them on a regular basis would be stupid. If people think its ok to drive past these signs then they deserve to be fined for doing so. The sad thing is that when people do stupid things they will usually get away with it but then sometimes a tragedy happens and families lives are affected forever.  So, the next time you are tempted to ignore a road sign perhaps you might consider the possible outcome of your actions.  It does not matter what time of day it is or if it is a weekend or christmas day, signs are there for a reason. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

There must be more to it than a route barree sign. A road that I use frequently has route baree signs with additional information giving the distance to the blockage. If you drive past the signs you then find diversion signs further on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gazza - 3 years ago

Thanks for that info Max, by the way they didn't mention your escape on the News.

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 3 years ago

Having checked the Code de la route it seems to me that the regulations are the same as the UK.

It depends on which signs are used.

There are informative signs and prohibition signs and obligation signs either or on some occassions several can be used in the event of a road closure.

If it only  is a yellow square informative sign then there should be no offence.

If there is a blue circle directional arrow this must be compled with or an offence is committed. If directed down a side route for instance by an obligatory sign, but this could be advisory as a yellow deviation sign.

If  a prohibition sign ,circular with red outer ring, (interdiction) normally a no entry sign then going past it is an offence.

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

I agree with laurie,thanks very much for sharing that.  I have cut through many of these at lunch times,evenings and sundays when I can see that there is a clear way through,now I will have to keep my eye out for mr and mrs flic too ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Laurie Driver - 3 years ago

To my mind it doen't matter which village it was because the OP was simply trying to warn those of us who weren't aware of it that it is an offence for which a driver can be fined to drive through a 'Route Barree'.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Max Clifford, much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Care to tell us which village this is????   There are millions of them in Brittany!!