DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

School trip to UK

Posted by Tryval - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Now its Tuesday it would be good to know if you allowed you daughter to travel or did you get answers to the very proper questions you posed here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 3 years ago

I wonder if its misunderstood re the coaches.

I asked my 2 grandsons

the one who went to the alpes said they had 3 drivers.

the one who went to paris said they picked a driver up at one of their rest stops

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Grannydot said 

"Too many accidents with coaches to be complacent" read this I'd rather be on a coach.

http://www.busandcoach.travel/en/safe/the_safest_way_to_travel_by_road.htm

Sorry no image available
Posted by initerent child - 3 years ago

All of the drivers hours rules for HGV and PSV can be found here; 

https://www.gov.uk/drivers-hours/overview

(copy and paste into web address bar)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

A normal working shift for HGV is maximum 13 hours with a normal 9 hours driving and the 45min break in the middle  this can be taken to 10 hours twice a week but then with 2 45minute breaks , A coach driver can legally extend to an 11 hour day if needs be but with 2 45 minute breaks . this makes a maximum of 175000 kilometers per year possible for a truck driver  but a bit more for a coach driver

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Again, thanks a lot for the helpful replies,

Kind Regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Thunderbird one - 3 years ago

I quote Walnut...

"more worrying, one teacher apparently told the kids that the tunnel is on the sea bed, under the water!

my young pupil was very relieved to find out in was down in the depths, well away from the water.He was also told that the coach gets on the train at Lille Europe, would like to see that."

Therefore I would be more worried about going with teachers who believe that which is quoted above.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

No one seems very well I formed aBout this trip. It is all possibles and maybes. Too many accidents with coaches to be complacent. If you do the trip in your own car, it is you and you along that is at risk, driving a coach load of children, well that is a different ball game altogether. 

Tryval if you wife is French, I am sure she understood what was said at the meeting.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

walnut, if they are going via Lille, maybe they go as train passengers, and pick up different rhd coach and new driver in UK??

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 3 years ago

I hope there is more than 1 driver as some are going to worthing and some to cardiff