DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxi bike?

Posted by Bessiebike - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

Good luck. Beastiebique.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bessiebike - 3 years ago

Ok, thanks. At least some constructive comments. Was really only trying to test the market, having run a successful airport transfer business in the U.K. for the last 9 years. Wanted to know if anyone would be interested - nothing to do with the business side - that's my decision.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Coming back on to the topic - I have to say that starting any business in the country of your birth is a shot in the dark, but starting one like this, in France, where the customers are French who are going to give the work to French contractors first, is a shot in the dark, with both hands tied behind your back, blindfolded, with the French goverment's hand in your back pocket all the time.

For courier work you would be better off with a small economical diesel van, the bike is going to limit what you can carry to what you can fit in a top box, and a van will need less and cheaper maintenance, runs on cheaper fuel, for the price of a back tyre on the bike you can probably put a pair on the front on a small van, and rear tyres on a bike are unlikely to last more than 10 to 12 thousand miles, and you can't carry a spare wheel on a bike to cope with the inevitable punctures. 

Forget taxi biking-it works in London and probably Paris but I can't somehow see the market for it in Brittany and the local Taxi drivers are not going to be in your fan club are they?

I'm not trying to be unkind or negative just realistic, and I'm a biker and I've been in business in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bigal-785755 - 3 years ago

Did I say Redvanman? Hes the only one that I know is legal,  his dreal numbers on his ad.and ive checked it!!

Sorry no image available

Possibly some positive stuff from someone who can spell "carry". Forget it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

What did you want to hear Bessie? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Richard1212 - 3 years ago

I think it is a great idea go for it nothing ventured nothing gained and all that if you do it and it doesn't work so what at least you tried, be positive and ignore the negativeness from the experts on here. I would offer a hand on my bike but I think la post may be quicker than my norton. Good luck .

Sorry no image available

You know what? You have some serious issues over here. Not talking about the French either.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjp47 - 3 years ago

I would just like to clarify that contrary to bigal's statement redvan.fr  advertises on here and holds a DREAL licence. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

+1 @ PamandAndrew.