DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

v5c ec logbook

Posted by gsx1400-900760 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

The v5's don't allways have the full type number as my Mercedes didn't ,

You have to write to mercedes France they will need a copy of your V5  I have the address somewhere

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 3 years ago

And if your V5C doesn't have the correct info, you'll have to get a COC.  You get 2 months to rectify faults if your vehicle fails the CT.  I don't think that includes you not having a COC.  I may be wrong.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gsx1400-900760 - 3 years ago

right if i have this correct , book a ct and i can use my v5c if it has the correct info , then i can registerr it ,and sort out in 2 months anything they fail it for .. right ? ta

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

You do not need a current MOT to get a CT. You need a CT (or an MOT with more than six months still to run) to register the car.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paulel - 3 years ago

The rules are the same throughout France, it's just that some don't keep up to date and others misinterpret them. I registered my Volvo in Lorient. At first I was told I needed a c of c. I insisted I didn't so he eventually looked it up on his computer and agreed that I didnt.

Sorry no image available

one more question ,  does it require an actual uk m.o.t before i can  reg/ct it heee in france  ?

Sorry no image available

i have in the  v5c the variant, type and type approval  e number . i guess i am off to try again , seems bloody daft that  there is nothing in print that applies to all dept tho , i dont mind the 100 euro at all ,if it is an actual requirement ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

They can agree what is required. If the V5 contains all the necessary information including European Conformity, Variant and Version it will be accepted, if it doesn't you will need a CoC. The best thing to do is to try to register it with the V5 and if it fails get a CoC. That's the only 200% reliable way to find out. You get the CoC from Mercedes in Paris, not from a dealer.

Sorry no image available

hi malc .  which dealer, where and how long did that take .

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

Just did my Merc the CoC costs 100€ from Mercedes France