DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Van Hire - any sensible suggestions

Posted by will23 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Hi. most rental companies charge 1/2 or day rate for weekdays and weekend rates to cover Sat/Sunday, as most rental offices are closed on Sunday so you return the vehicle on Monday,seems a reasonable rate to me for 2 day hire,sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

We've used Super U on at least 3 occasions. We thought the prices were very good and the vans are kept in good order.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RedRock-980501 - 3 years ago

The problem you will have is that nobody will open on a Sunday for you, so they quote you that price.

Personally I think that's a fair price.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

We have always used SuperU as their prices were cheaper, although admittedly midweek hire. Probably worth checking with them, also Enterprise & Europcar both have van hire in France, and will probably do a one day hire, not sure of costs.

Hooe you manage to get something sorted :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by will23 - 3 years ago

I don't think 129 euros for 1 days hire of a 1200kg ford transit is good value - thats why I was asking if anyone knows a cheaper rental place  - don't reply unless you can help please 

Sorry no image available
Posted by LRV24 - 3 years ago

In my opinion the Supermarkets are far from having a laugh. They offer great quality vans and cars at really low prices. Good luck with your search for something better.

Sorry no image available
Posted by will23 - 3 years ago

I need a small van - like a ford transit - I got the tonne wrong - sorry - but I said a small van - like white van man ? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

You do realise that you can't drive a 12  ton truck in France on a Sunday ? And you need a HGV licence to drive one as well..