DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Vehicle Electronics

Posted by CybiDev - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CybiDev - 3 years ago

Hi guys....can I thank you for all tyhe trouble you have taken to help and advise me with my problem and the alarm system on my Honda CRV.  I am going to the UK (Plymouth) in April and taking the car to the Honda dealer there. First though I am going to phone them up and discuss what you suggest - deactivate the alarm system altogether and fit an immobiliser.

Sounds great to me. Meantime I shall also chase up on some of the other contacts you have suggested. Have a good week all of you and once again thanks for taking time oout to get me sorted.

Sorry no image available
Posted by helicopterrob - 3 years ago

The fact that you can start the car and drive it away means there is nothing wrong with the immobiliser, the immobiliser aerial  around the ignition switch or the transponder chip in the key. Seems to me with my locksmith hat on that  your remote control has simply  gone out of sync so just reprogram the  remotes.

This is the official honda tech procedure:

Programming Instructions

Honda Keyless Entry Programming
1998 - 2002 Honda Accord
1999 - 2004 Honda Civic
1997 - 2004 Honda CRV
2003 - 2004 Honda Element
1999 - 2004 Honda Odyssey

This procedure clears the transmitter codes and creates new ones, so you must program all remotes at the same time, even if one or more is already working.

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.
Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.

2. Press the LOCK button.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position, marked I.

Do this three times!

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

If you've got a trunk/hatch release, hold the button for this function for a few seconds.

also this:

1997-04 LX with dealer-installed keyless
entry system
1998–04 CR-V EX with factory-installed
keyless entry system
2000–01 CR-V SE with factory-installed
keyless entry system
2000–04 S2000 with factory-installed keyless
entry system
2002–04 CR-V with dealer-installed security
system
Programming the Transmitter
NOTES:
• The system accepts up to three transmitters. The
transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type
memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed,
the code for the first transmitter is erased.
• Entering the programming mode cancels all learned
transmitter codes, so none of the previously
programmed transmitters will work. You must
reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the
programming mode.
• You must complete each step within 4 seconds of
the previous step to keep the system from exiting the
programming mode. Program the transmitters within
10 seconds.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on one of the
transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be
used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the
same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on the same
transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle
to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock”
button on each transmitter. Make sure the power
door locks cycle after you press each transmitter
button to confirm that the system accepted the
transmitter’s code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the
programming mode.

Batteries for the Transmitter
The battery number is CR2025.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

There have been a lot of problems with the door lock actuators on CRVs-specifically the drivers door actuator because it gets more use, also check that the bonnet switch is operating correctly as that can set the alarm off and doesn't register on the dashboard "doors open " display. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by car22 - 3 years ago

It may be vety simple is the key a remote   or key only also it may be a faulty  diagnostic key or  even a chinease copy  do you have 2 keys or remotes when they say re lasering  do you mean laser cut on the key . you should have a 3 button remote with that model 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Laurie Driver - 3 years ago

Hi CybiDev,

Your car is too modern for me to be able offer any direct advice but perhaps the following links will give you a direction to follow.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=honda+crv+2002+disable+alarm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw6sS-bmlj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuMa6KGu1Yc

http://www.sussexinstallations.co.uk/

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=honda+crv+alarm+reset

Best of luck,

Laurie.

Sorry no image available

The car was first registered in the UK in Dec 2004. Maybe I should simply get rid of it...problem...how can I put it in part ex over here or in the UK ?

I am very grateful for all your advice because I have been sitting on this not knowing what to do.

Sorry no image available

Hello - yes tried all combinations. VERY embarassing when the damn thing won't switch off and you race like mad to get home....

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

cybiDev, how old is the Honda? If an older model may be the alarm can be disabled via the electronics. I know that means no alarm system but unless you are leaving the car in a remote place in the UK the chances are slim that it will be broken in to. If it can be disabled, may be just get an imobiliser fitted they are not expensive. If you phone up a large Honda dealer in the UK and speak to someone in the parts dept or a mechanic and explain they are usually very helpful and may give you some good advise.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brionybob - 3 years ago

Not the full answer but have you tried locking with the key and not the fob.