DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Burning music from Youtube

Posted by ScruffyB - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

You can burn your wings stuff onto CD using audacity.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ScruffyB - 3 years ago

Don't know why I didn't think of this before but if you go to search on windows 8 there is a shedfull of info on downloading/copying from Youtube and converting to MP3. I now have most of my vynil collection of Wings stuff on CD.

Who is a clever joiner then.

Thanks for your replies.

ScruffyB. (Apprentice computer geek)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

There are various ways of doing it detailed here:-

http://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to-record-the-sound-coming-from-your-pc-even-without-stereo-mix/

Sorry no image available

Different rules apply to copy  written material, a lot of stuff is actually put on by the artists agents themselves, it seems to me its all out of control and the only ones actually making money are YouTube, artists get paid by YouTube but it bears no relation to the amount of hits they get or who streams their stuff, a lot of older stuff on YouTube is no longer available new on vinyl or CD, a lot of concert footage is filmed on peoples mobiles, I remember a zztop concert I went to in Paris where the signs said no cameras or photos to be taken , yet all during the gig half the audience were filming it on their mobiles, same with a scorpions concert I went to.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AgentOrange - 3 years ago

but if you Google "Youtube download" or "Youtube grab" you'll find loads apps to grab YT Aodio (or ausio and video) and then compile and burn as you would any other audio

Sorry no image available
Posted by AgentOrange - 3 years ago

Never in the several hundred hours that I've posted on Youtube have I ever been given the option to allow download and I've never seen the option on Youtube to download......... maybe I'm missing something

Sorry no image available

All artists are contacted by YouTube when their stuff is uploaded, the artist can have their material blocked so you are able to view but unable to download, they can also if they wish have the material removed, as far as sound quality is concerned some is poor some is not, what record companies have found is that people are listening to stuff on YouTube then if they like it buying it in either vinyl or CD form, this also applies to a large percentage of people who download the stuff, the record companies and movie company's are mainly after the illegal streaming sites and torrent sites and it seems most governments have given up the pursuit of habitual downloaders.

Sorry no image available
Posted by andylekker - 3 years ago

it may well be illegal and will be of poor sound quality

Sorry no image available

What I do is download from YouTube in mp4, convert it to mp3 then simply send the converted file to the CD burner, if its individual tracks then you need to highlight them then send the whole lot to fill one disc as sometimes you end up with à disc containing just one track, you can download an mp4- mp3 converter.