DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Camping Car

Posted by greendoor-434095 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bedlamfarm - 3 years ago

We bought our camping car second hand from one of the outlets mentioned, and had nothing but problems since day one.  The promised CT was done but not all the work stated as must be done was completed, when challenged they huffed and puffed, wouldnt reply to emails, and downright lied.  We took it back and demanded that various work was done, and when we collected it we assumed it had been done but when examined it  closely they had left us with huge holes in the exhaust.. Again no answer to emails etc.  After much ado I reported them to their head office, and I was told to have the work done locally.  They authorised the work but the garage would not wait to get their money and demanded that we paid it.  In all the car was off the road for a month and a half, and they refused to extend the 3 months guarantee.  Just after the guarantee ran out we drove to England, and the day we arrived the whole cabin electrics went, so we had a holiday with a tankful of water we couldnt get at and going to bed when it got dark!  If any one wants to know who they are you are welcome to message me and I will tell you, I dont think Anglo info would like it if I stated the name.  But for goodness sake dont buy from them!

Sorry no image available
Posted by space chicken - 3 years ago

We are just about to put our ad on here when I saw your post.

Citreon Challenger motorhome, 2.8 litre diesel, 2005, 87,000 klms., 4 berth, immaculate condition, lots of overhead cupboards, large garage and underbed storage, bike rack, seperate shower & loo. Fixed rear bed. Seat belts for 6 passengers, new TV/DVD player. 24,800e ONO.
We are in Buais, Normandy.

Please PM me if you would like photos

Sorry no image available
Posted by greendoor-434095 - 3 years ago

Thanks to all  for the info,   

Sorry no image available
Posted by JLJ-429896 - 3 years ago

Bought ours on Leboncoin

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmat-437477 - 3 years ago

Arc en Ciel at Guidel, very helpful, English speaking Salesman and mechanics explained how everything worked, straightforward purchase no problems at all.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 3 years ago

We went to a couple of local camping car sales places and didn't find them very helpful but we did find one on leboncoin locally after a lot of searching.

It never seems very easy to buy anything in France! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by greendoor-434095 - 3 years ago

Thanks NellP     will have a look,

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

Bonjour Caravaning, Brittcars and Camping Car Josephine etc. all have used vehicles not just new, go along and have a look, we saw lots of second hand when we started looking.  It's not always obvious, they tend to put the new ones t the front of their display. If they don't have what you want, tell them what you are looking for they will let you know if they have what you want coming in on partex.  You could also look on Leboncoin for private sales.