DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fed up

Posted by flobeck - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

"I can never understand why people have to watch TV on a computer using all these VPNs or whatever.Just buy a freesat box and dish and plug it into your tv.I listen to BBC radio either on the TV or via the internet with a tablet or internet radio Never had a problem"

I think you will find it is the BBC Iplayer and the ITV equivalent they are having trouble with.  I found the answer years ago with the Firefox add on called Anonymox but most people don't like it because it is free.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

I agree countrydweller ,ofcourse there is an hours difference .I ITV +1 problem of two watchable programmes the same time is solved ( very rare I know ) 

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

I can never understand why people have to watch TV on a computer using all these VPNs or whatever.Just buy a freesat box and dish and plug it into your tv.I listen to BBC radio either on the TV or via the internet with a tablet or internet radio Never had a problem

Flobeck-Which card are you using to pay for your X box gifts.Some card providers may have security fatures or the site itself will not allow products to be purchased outside the UK due to plug differences and/or the cost of honouring garantees.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

It is actually all about money. The BBC are preparing to make their programmes available in the US through a version of iPlayer that requires a subscription. That would be a non starter if everyone carried on accessing iPlayer via a VPN or DNS. Ppersonally I would be happy if they offered the same service in Europe Even though the last time I watched UK TV was the last Grands Prix.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

It is nothing to do with MONEY !

All UK stations purchase and transmit content on the understanding that they are only ALLOWED to supply home domestic users.  The license they operate under obliges them to make all good efforts to make sure content is not available outside the region they are licensed for.

Go and ask any UK pub owner how much they have to pay to show what SKY give you for £50 a month ! 

Licenses to content are sold region by region. All providors (legal) have the same hand cuffs on.

Not sure how filmon get around it but long live filmon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by valbonne-home - 3 years ago

Agree, chèvrefeuille, Futter should stay on FE.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Perhaps you are the sad minority fitter, it's you who doesn't support the BBC's great programmes. I'm sure you could do better. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

But Norwich won and are starting to look like a team staying up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by euros-391165 - 3 years ago

i would say its great for watching match of the day but swansea lost today! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Thanks for that euros!!