DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Folk music

Posted by Sheddweller - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sheddweller - 3 years ago

Thanks for the info . JJ

Sorry no image available
Posted by freespeech - 3 years ago

There are regular song/music sessions at the bar Le Pommier at Landeleau on the second Sunday of each month. Start time 2.30-ish.
Also Friday evenings (generally around the third Friday) most months. You need to phone the bar to check the dates of these.
The next session will be this coming Sunday, 15th November (yes, unusually it's on the third Sunday this time - just a one-off).
Come on over - new singers / musicians / audience are always made very welcome!

Sorry no image available

IMPORTANT. So sorry everyone, I think I have misled some people. I did not realise I was logged in as my husband!!  I am a female traditional folk singer, bit out of practice, though occasionally can be heard on 1St Sunday in month in Ty Elise,  Plouyé. Thanks for all the feedback, I will follow them up where relevant. JJ

Sorry no image available

IMPORTANT. So sorry everyone, I think I have misled some people. I did not realise I was logged in as my husband!!  I am a female traditional folk singer, bit out of practice, though occasionally can be heard on 1St Sunday in month in Ty Elise,  Plouyé. Thanks for all the feedback, I will follow them up where relevant. JJ

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

The are music events advertisd in the CBJ.  There used to be a session in a bar in Huelgoat where folkies met but someone will be able to tell you if it still runs.  Les Fous at Carnoet have music on the last Sunday of the month from 2.30  (this Sunday!) where trad folk is performed along with other genres. Last time I went there were a number of folk singers there.  I am sure there are other events which people could tell you about.

Sorry no image available

Thanks, I will look them up. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

Try Many a Mickle. They're based in Kergrist-Moelou so not too far: https://www.facebook.com/manyamickle?fref=ts