DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Freesat HD receiver and PVR recorder recommendations please

Posted by chilepepper-955282 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chilepepper-998208 - 3 years ago

Well, I ended up going for the Humax HDR-1100S and I am very impressed with it. It's so nice to be able to record in advance and to record whole series, unlike with my past Sky freesat set up. The new Samsung TV is magnificent too. I finished it all with an HDMI cable so I can stream from the PC. Works a treat

Thanks very much for your help!

Sorry no image available
Posted by chilepepper-998208 - 3 years ago

Thanks all!

Iguana & Lofty, do you know what model you have? I'll probably be buying the latest version, the humax hdr-1100s, as I can get it delivered to France.

Bonne journée!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I agree with 'Lofty' about the Humax. Not reliable. I really don't rate it at all.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Make sure its got two LNB inputs so you can record one chan whilst watching another,you might need to put a dual LNB on the dish,to get iPlayer and stuff like that box needs internet connection and you need UK ip address, same for YouTube.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

That'll do nicely.

and yes 500GB will be plenty.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chilepepper-955282 - 3 years ago

Hi again

Thanks very much for your responses. Is this the sort of thing?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hdr1000s-500gb/huma-freesat-g2-500g

500 gb ought to plenty, right?

Bonne soirée!

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I can also recommend the Humax box. Recording is very simple to do, though I have never tried the freetime facility.

Sorry no image available
Posted by - 3 years ago

I also have a Humax and have found the converse of what Lofty has experianced. Very easy to setup and use plus very reliable. Only time it missed a recording was human error

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-385373 - 3 years ago

I have a Humax box and whilst it does what it says on the box it is not at all reliable in series recording. it is very hit and miss and misses out days without rhyme or reason.