DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

humax box

Posted by bedlamfarm - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 4 years ago

I have sometimes noticed when I have set it to record adjacent programmes, when the 2nd (or 3rd) is due to start recording, it says there is a clash. I think this happens when say, the 1st one runs over by a minute, meaning the 2nd is starting before the 1st has finished (but only happens if either watching another channel or recording another at the same time). Nothing you can do about that situation though.

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

If it's  a new box make the supplier sort it out or replace it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bedlamfarm - 4 years ago

I have twice noticed that whilst recording two different channels it was possible to watch yet another, not already recorded but live.  This I have been told is not possible so I must have been imagining it, but I know I wasnt.  I think most of my problems are with all the secondary BBC channels which also show that I am recording bbc, and I have gone to watch one of two things i have recorded whilst out and found only the bbc recorded. The powers that be wont take any notice of that.  It is so random, that it would be impossible to check it.  After it came back from being reprogrammed I set three consecutive programmes on BBC2, and another programmed over the top of the middle one on BBC one. When I went to watch it had only recorded the BBC one, although the Planned showed them all.  At no time were there more than two channels,  It is a new unit, so I dont think it has worn out.  Any suggestions? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Balli - 4 years ago

The booklet that comes with it says it can!!

Got it in one Ted.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ted-787870 - 4 years ago

I can watch a third channel whilst recording two others on my Humax, but the choice of what to watch or listen to is very limited and seemingly random.

Something to do with similar polarisation and frequency perhaps?

Sorry no image available
Posted by rison - 4 years ago

I record two channels and watch a third  on my Humex box, but that was due to the box not accepting a UK post code. Once this was corrected all OK. 

Humax (and any other recording boxes) have only ever been able to tune to 2 channels at the same time so you can record one channel and watch another (and record what you're watching if you so wish ) or record 2 channels. They have 2 connections to the dish (to work correctly) and 2 tuners so 2 channels.

I've seen user claims that a 3rd channel may be watched while 2 are being recorded and I can see combinations of channels where this might be pssible but I've never seen anyone do it and certainly I'm sure that no manufacturer has ever claimed that more than 2 channels can be accessed simultaniously.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Balli - 4 years ago

Our Humax is the same, it claims to be able to record two programmes at the same time as watching one. Sadly, that's a myth. We did a lot of research before buying the Humax. The Samsung was also a contender. I have been totally underwhelmed by the performance of the Humax - very over-rated. (Sadly Panasonic pulled out of this market as that's the one I would buy any day if I could have done!)

Sounds suspiciously like a dying hard drive Bedlam, you could try formatting it. 

Derek, your box should sort it's self out.