DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

kindle fire

Posted by koat - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by koat - 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll try a vpn while still on the free months trial of prime

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

Bought one for my wife last year, messed around for ages. Finally gave up and bought her an Ipad Air which does everything beautifully. Ya pays ya money....................

As an aside there are several sites that offer very up to date fils etc, we watched Joy and several others that are only just appearing in the cinemas in the UK/France. Attached to the TV via HDMI, greatpicture and sound and no problems with buffering etc. Watching these folms isn;t quite like the cinema but it's the next best hting and in the wintertime very useful.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

Anonimox is only available (as far as I know) as a browser add-on so you'll be on your own trying to pukk out the VPN connection details.

Any of the stand-alone VPN services should work fine as the Kindle supports the common VPN protocols.

Sorry no image available
Posted by scrolls-382693 - 3 years ago

I used iportal on my kindle to receive netflix and prime, they have full instructions on their site...You can transmit to your tv with hdmi if your tv has miracast, if not, you can use a key on your tv...I used a netgear ptv3000 but there are others.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Breeze-906262 - 3 years ago

I'm currently looking at how I can around the problem of being unable to receive Prime benefits for kindle when in France.  I've been exploring Anonymoz as a means of hiding the location of my kindle.  I think it would be interesting for us both to hear of anyone who has done this successfully.