DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lac de guerledan

Posted by Live&Love - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Thank you Martin. That's brilliant

Sorry no image available
Posted by Central Brittany - 3 years ago

I dont know if this helps.

Tarifs for visits to the Lac de Guerledan in 2015

Only the three tourist offices of Pontivy Communaute, Pays du Centre Bretagne and Kreiz Breizh will have the permanent right of access to the base of the lake and be able to offer guided visits to the valley.

For individual visitors, the visit lasts 45 minutes and can take place at 10am, 11.30am, 2.30pm and 4pm.

During May, June and September visits are on weekends and bank holidays. July and August : visits are every day. It costs €2 for adults and is free for children under 12 and companions for people with a disability.

For groups of 50 to 55 people per guide, the visit lasts 1h 30 mins and can take place from May to October by reservation. The tarif is €4 for adults and €2 for 13 to 17 year olds. It is free for under 12s.

Groups of 30 schoolchildren per guide can enjoy a 1hr visit for €2.

Further information and reservations can be found at the Office de Tourisme du Pays du Centre-Bretagne on 02 96 28 25 17 or Pontivy Communaute 02 97 25 04 10 or the office at Mur-de-Bretagne on 02 96 28 51 41.

Kind regards, Martin

Sorry no image available

Not seen any about anybody/thing dying there. Not saying it's not happened though.  Tends to be a passage and a photo in the paper saying again the pompiers had to rescue blah blah blah

Sorry no image available
Posted by floradora - 3 years ago

I didn't read 4" dogs died.  Where is that article

Sorry no image available

Yes I have seen postings of the people and animals getting trapped in the mud in le  telegramme paper. So if we sdon't do the tour and stick to the paths we should be ok. Sounds a bit like like a horror story "stick to the path and all will be well" lol

Sorry no image available

A roe was saved.  

Sorry no image available

Wow I didn't hear that.  Do you have a link. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by grumpyjoe - 3 years ago

That is not good advice.The silt has crusted over and appears to be safe to walk on.Four dogs have died and only last week a woman was in up to her chest and had to be helicoptered out.If you start walking from Bon Repos end you will come to the first lock which is silted almost level,then think that lock is about 20 feet deep !! Walk around but stay up high.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Given that there has been so little rain this spring the lake floor is dry, with no mud to get stuck in until you are at the edge of the flow of canal water, so there are no real risks in  walking round the area without a guide. Hundreds of people are doing just that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrsoverall - 3 years ago

You view the lake at your own risk. If you are not in an organised tour and have to be rescued the cost will be for you to bear. If you are in a tour you will be kitted out in a very fetching day glo EDF tabard and shepherded safely by your guide. If your guide is as bad as the one that took the tour I went on recently, you may be drawn to jump off the cliff top.