DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

pre recorded video cassetts

Posted by enthuisiasm - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

high bartyB

I have video cassettes and would like them transfered to DVD's discs  I will contact you via e-mail. 

kind regards to all for a reply............;

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

Replace all prerecorded tapes with DVDs and only convert family stuff that you want to save.

If you don't mind messing with a bit of technology then get a USB video capture card for a tenner off eBay they nearly all come with a converter program. EasyCap are cheap and cheerful and well supported.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Your best option is to pick up a DVD recorder from somewhere like cash converters, buy a pack of blank DVDs off of eBay or Amazon then copy over the ones that you can't replace on pre-recorded DVD, a lot of the older films and TV series can now be picked up quite cheap on DVD.

Sorry no image available
Posted by listy - 3 years ago

There are propriety video converters ranging in price from around E40 > ++++ or you can use a video grabber dongle / software in a PC, quality from either isn't great even when compared to DVD's -- bluray no comparison.

Depending on the movies you're after, some blurays disc's can be bought quite cheaply and the players with up-scaling & smart functions start at around the E 50 mark.

I tend to digitize my disc's for playing direct to TV through external HDD via USB or internet (depending on your TV) or by a laptop / PC with a HDMI port, what titles are you after?