DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rainy day activities?

Posted by jessie Baud 56 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jessie Baud 56 - 3 years ago

and Tilia, thanks

Sorry no image available

Thank you Mrs Miggles and Kervéor....at last someone that answers the question!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilia - 3 years ago

I have three ados who enjoyed the following recently

http://www.decouvertesonore.info/   - a forest park based on the mysteries of sound.

http://www.centrebretagne.info/les-gorges-du-corong-0  - The Gorges at Corong. A gigantic rockfall over  a river that will guarantee spectacular pictures for BookFace.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Go down south to PUY DU FOU for either one or two day stay 

Sorry no image available
Posted by MrsMiggles - 3 years ago

1.The new swimming pool in Pontivy has flumes, a fun pool & a jacuzzi.

2.See what's on in VO at the cinema in Lorient - the film about Amy Winehouse, maybe?

3. Go to Quiberon on the train from Auray station (Tire-bouchon). Take your camera & get some wild photos.

4. Go to Nantes for the day. Shopping, musée de Beaux Arts, Les Machines de l'île (giant elephant)

5. Go to Concarneau / Quimper- get a crêpe for lunch

6. Go to Carnac /Trinité sur Mer - get an ice-cream, see the menhirs

7. Go to Vannes - market on Wed & Sat

8. Go to Auray & St Goustan - take le petit train

9. Provide WiFi so she can spend all day on Facebook telling her mates how rubbish it is in Brittany in the rain. ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Depends on the child though, mine are 15, 17 (girls) and 20 (boy) all love castles, swimming, paintballing. They don't grumble too much at wrapping up warm and going off to explore.

Sorry no image available
Posted by piechipsandbeans - 3 years ago

Remember this is 2015 live&love. Wrapping up warm to visit beaches in August may be an option but I tend to suspect that o-ren got it right first time. Smart phone wins over castles and indoor paintball for a 16 year old girl but I stand to be corrected.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Swimming, castles, bowling, indoor paintball. . Wrap up warm and visit beaches. Oceanopolis in Brest. What does she like doing?

Sorry no image available

Thanks. But I am looking for something to visit; I know about shopping etc, but am looking for ideas on places to go if it is raining, without the rain, beach, pool kayaking etc, but with the rain.....?

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

If I know 16 year old girls, so long as she has enough credit and roaming enabled on her smart phone I'm sure she'll be fine :)