DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

selfie sticks

Posted by lamb chop - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosby - 3 years ago

Shopping in Aldi and having angst about products designed for mass appeal/ profit..   you could not make it up!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

For a laugh 30+ years ago my daughter and I used to stand behind tourists in York and get involved in their pictures. Bet we are famous in Japan!!! I think we invented "photobombing".

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

Couldn't agree more AQ!  We take photos of the scenery and see no reason to be in it ourselves - we'd spoil the photo!  This is me at..... No sorry. we don't do that, the lovely scenery is enough! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Whether taken with a selfie stick or by another person, I have never understood why people feel the need for photos of themselves or scenery with themselves in the picture. In the case of the first, I suppose they will put it on their facebook wall, because they feel so important that they think the world and his wife are so eagerly waiting for these updates (er I don't think so), or in the second case they feel the need to prove to everyone that they have been there by ruining the view with their own mug in the middle of it. Sad people.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

OMG!  Selfie sticks!  We are just coming to the end of a two month tour, visiting several European countries. Everywhere we have been there have been coach loads of tourists from the Far East with their selfie sticks!  In Interlaken this week, we saw a lady taking a photo with said stick, with her iPhone on the end of it, phone rang, she nearly poked the eye out of the guy behind her when she put the phone to her ear!  Then you get to some wonderful view point where most people just want to take photos but you can't because the view is blocked by people smiling into their own cameras, the sticks are so long you can't get near the view point!  I must admit that I am not one for the "this is me at the....."  type of photo, I spoil the scenery!  But if you must do that, get your friend to take the photo! 

Many museums have banned them because the are likely to damage something, waving them about! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dik Caggles - 3 years ago

and people said the internet will never catch on

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

excellent :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AStarisBorn - 3 years ago

:My father asked for one of these for Fathers Day so when he sees somebody taken a "selfie" he could hit them with it. Bought it. So be aware of a 6ft4in male carring a stick without a phone.