DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Stupid head BBC I PLAYER help please

Posted by c2oafc-383379 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 3 years ago

I AGREE ABOUT BART BEING A TOP INSTALLER;;;I will be requiring another visit off him soon !!

My problem is I forgot it was on so didnt record it on my harddrive in my free sat box

the system is ok its the owd gadger using it lol !!!

Bet Bart cant fix my bloody memory !!

Chris at least I think I am !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

Get Bart to fit a freesat recording box and just record everything. No monthly cost and 100% reliable.

How about having 2 recording freesat boxes? You can record 4 stations at once that way. Also no monthy cost and 100% reliable.

How about adding a DVB-S2 card to your desktop PC for about £100 and using that to record and view all the content you want.  I'm sure Bart will do that for you as well if you ask him nicely, He's good like that you know and 100% reliable unlike some of them. (Yeah, I know... he's a mate but he is still the Satellite-Yoda)

Faffing around with proxies just to get the iPlayer is a pain in the bum if you do not know what you are doing and not worth the grief. 9 times out of 10 you are watching something that was broadcast earlier in the day and you could have just recorded it.

Just saying...

Sorry no image available

Thanks Bart , could you please email me a good one for me

thanks Chris

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

Go for a "smart DNS" service.

There's loads to choose from and a review here

Sorry no image available

very slow less than 2 MBps...so which service would give me live plus dowloadable please .. dont mind payingf a few euros a month

thanks
chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

I am not sure that Anonymox allows you to download, if C2oafc has a slow connection downloading will be preferable for him.

Sorry no image available
Posted by junkanoo - 3 years ago

Hi

I have a download speed of just under 2mb/s and am able to watch iplayer, netflix and Amazon films sucessfully, although not in high definition. I use a DNS service which costs a few euros a month. There are lots of these services and they all have full instructions on how to set them up. 

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

To be able to watch via iplayer on your TV you will need a VPN to the UK and a connection of 4Mb/s or better.  Then an account with a VPN Service which provides a UK ID.  I use a TP LINK ER 604W for the connection and Pure VPN give all the configuration details on their site.  Works quite well but it mostly depends on the line speed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Bummer.  One more reason to avoid Windows 10

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Anonymox stopped working for me as soon as Windows 10 downloaded. Never worked since.