DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sunday's in Brittany

Posted by nellyhei - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dabbityduck-384379 - 4 years ago

If you can hang on till May, cricket will be starting on Sunday afternoons at the stadium in Josselin; spectators/umpires/scorer/players always welcome! see our website - www.brittanycricket.weebly.com - for dates of matches.

Before then, of course, you can come to nets on a Thursday evening!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 4 years ago

Everyone is different nellyhei so no one can really help you as we have no idea what you like to do.  If you gave a list of things you would like to do if they were available here then i am sure people would be able to tell you where your desired activities might be found.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pam Jones - 4 years ago

There is a very nice bar in Credin, La Clochette run by a young british couple and their lovely dog Watson, they are open on a Sunday for lunch and dinner, Sally is an excellent cook, and the bar is comfortable and cosy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by simon-finistere-389190 - 4 years ago

Yesterday (Sunday) we went to the Tal ar Pont bar on the banks of the River Aulne in Châteauneuf-du-Faou. It's a beautiful spot and there's a (lively) jazz concert there every month on a Sunday at 4pm.  There is always a brilliant atmosphere (over  100 people there yesterday) and you don't have to be a jazz fanatic to enjoy it.  The concerts have been going for 12 years now and it is always a good afternoon out.  Next concert 15th March.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LomChanney - 4 years ago

Thats France for you. Love it or hate it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tangleweave - 4 years ago

1st Sunday in the month,starting March  there's good live Irish music in Ty Elise, Plouyé. Starts at 6p.m.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 4 years ago

We go to the Troc et Puce (flee markets), they are on in winter too.  We go to the coast or local lakes/forests for walks if the weather is good, if it's not I bake and OH always has some little job that needs doing!  If you walk around a town you won't see anybody, but coast/forest/lakes etc., lots of people about until lunch time and then again after lunch. even on winter Sundays there are bars and restaurants open where you can enjoy a coffee after a walk, do a bit of people watching, sitting outside in the winter sun when it's dry.  Go for a drive, discover somewhere outside your neck of the woods.  We actually love Sundays now, because they don't mean another working week is about to commence, so we don't feel the need to do something before the weekend is over,  in fact, Sunday is no different to any other day, except for the fact the shops are shut, and we don't find that a problem now.  Don't get too hung up on what day of the week it is!  We don't even stick to the routine Sunday roast, we have it when we feel like it, in fact , even in the UK we always thought that traditional Sunday lunch wrote of a whole day when we could be out doing something, so we ate it in the evening instead. Now and again, we do absolutely nothing on a Sunday other than read a book or listen to the radio.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 4 years ago

Hi Nellyhei know exactly what you mean  - we go to a  quiz on alternate sundays at 5 pm.

It is a relatively small and very friendly group and always a bit of a laugh - why not join us - next one is 2 weeks today (8th march) at the bar in the centre of Mohon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 4 years ago

I even have to drag my reluctant labs out they look at me as if I am crazy !

Sorry no image available
Posted by myrtle-391965 - 4 years ago

Sleep!