DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Television

Posted by enthuisiasm - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Thanks enthusiasm for the explanation.  Your posting makes a little more sense now.  I think.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

Check out Alba on a Saturday evening - usually some excellent music eg recordings from the Celtic Connections festival.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

When *alba is on, hit the subtitle button. Clear writing comes on the screen, translates every word spoken into the  English  language. It is a joy. Also,'Wales' have fantastic farming programs. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

I often watch Alba as I love the sound of Gaelic even if I can't understand anything:))  There are also the stunning landscapes of Scotland to enjoy.

Tébéo, the Breton TV station is interesting as well.  I once watched the film Braveheart dubbed into Breton with French subtitles!

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

A Channel on the freeview  tele called 'Alba' usually they speak Gaelic. But I put on the subtitles and the English language. It was a solid hour about the MasseyFerguson Tractor. The History. Never known anything about the Massey Ferguson Tractor before.( Heard the name)  The significance that involved  the launching, the manufacturing,  promoting this unique World beating Tractor, was launched just down the road from my childhood. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by hillhead - 3 years ago

I think it's all about tractors...

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

What on earth is this all about?  Can anyone explain?