DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

VHS Conversion

Posted by zebra101 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

If they're pre-recorded then I'd just bite the bullet and replace with DVD, Almost everything ever released is available with a bit of searching and older material is cheeap as chips AND it'll be much better quality than a copy.

If they're home movies then you're biggest problem is going to be getting an NTSC (American) vhs player, There are a few multistandard players around but they're like hen's teath. If you've 100 to do and don't want to be faffing around with technology then a combined VHS/DVD recorder is the way to go BUT the VHS bit MUST BE NTSC (the DVD part doesn't matter as that's an international standard).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Huey-407259 - 3 years ago

Forgot to say, also 100's of dvd blanks

Terry

Sorry no image available
Posted by Huey-407259 - 3 years ago

I have a couple of DVD recorders that am willing to let go, and also have a couple of elelectronic bits specially for doing tapes etc through to the computer.  Then dvd's can be made.

Available to go if you are interested.

Terry     0296294840

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

zebra101 whereabouts are you? I have a machine specifically for copying tapes to DVD. Not out in Brittany for a few weeks yet though. Willing to lend out to see if it is what you want.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

If you have a Video player that plays Region 1 tapes, a DVD recorder and the tapes are not copy protected it is very straightforward.