DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

What tv programmes are you into at the moment?

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin King-393934 - 3 years ago

Bonsoir Jamie (Good evening Jamie)

I rarely watch TV as it is full of banal advertising which insults my intelligence.My favourite pastime is discussion over a good meal.My partner wants to keep the tv contract/licence but I would be happy to ditch the lot.

Regards and happy viewing

Sorry no image available
Posted by Davey1200-433468 - 3 years ago

Have never heard of most of these programmes. What are the main channels these are on?

TF1, 2 or 3?

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

Weeds was incredably well done and I very much enjoyed it too. It was the maker of weeds that went on to do orange is the new black.

Am Re-watching auf wiedersehen pet this week and am loving it. I was too young to appreciate and relate to the comedy and trials of being an expat worker when this came out,but think that it is great now.

Jamie xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by buddy1-879411 - 3 years ago

If you loved Breaking Bad (which we did too), then you must watch Weeds. Very addictive and slightly less violent. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by aquarius-397052 - 3 years ago

Yipee Yipee

Next series of NCIS has started,but please lets not lose Tony ,old Gibbs keeps battling along though.Great stuff!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by simon2010 - 3 years ago

Got to be Dragon's Den.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

We are recording and watching with the family Midsomer Murders, Death in Paradise & Endeavour and loving them all :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 3 years ago

How about Casualty, Bargain Hunt, Homes Under The Hammer, Midsomer Murders, Close Calls.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bhouse-10060550 - 3 years ago

Currently working my way through The West Wing for about the 5th time

Recently, Lillyhammer, The Bridge (Bron), Scandal, The Blacklist, Boston Legal, The Newsroom.

I would recommend, The Good Wife, The Americans, Homeland, House of Cards, Fairly Legal.

Recommended to me by my Son-in-Law, rubbish but very adictive, Friday Night Lights, the TV series not the film.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

At the moment:   Young Montalbano, War and Peace, Empire of the Tsars, repeats of MASH

Recently:  The Detectorists (as previously mentioned), The Bridge, River, Unforgotten

Two of my favourites of fairly recent times were Wallander (the Krister Henrikson version) and the amazing Wolf Hall.

I've recently discovered the channel 'Talking Pictures'.  It's wonderful   ...   mostly old 50s and 60s black and white second feature films, many of which completely outclass the films of today; also it's great fun spotting all the old British actors and actresses.