DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Care for the elderly

Posted by Alasdair1978 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alasdair1978 - 3 years ago

Thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

He  will need his Carte Vitale but that is straight forward if he is on a uk pension - Everything else was done by our doctor who wrote ordanances for everything(nurses, physio, equipment etc) so speak to your doctor. We certainly couldn't have coped without the wonderful support we had from the doctor and the nurses.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alasdair1978 - 3 years ago

Thank you

This is very reasurring to hear. What is the first steps I need to take to enable me to obtain some help for him?

Regards

Alasdair

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

Hi, my father came to live with us in France and after 3 years he had a stoke and was bedridden for 2 years before he passed away last year - he couldn't have wanted better care. He had the nurses in 3 times a day to feed him, shower him and give him his medicines. We were very fortunate that one of our nurses was English, but the others all spoke English to him.  They were very kind and gentle with him.  Had he been on low income we could have had more help with the day to day stuff (cleaning etc).  He was given every bit of equipment needed, his room was like a hospital room with all his home comforts. He did have a carte Vitale and top up insurance but he was covered 100% anyway.