DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

family allowance in france

Posted by margaret scott - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 56fr - 3 years ago

I love it i think i ousted a mumsnet subscriber..i have a childminder because ...oh yes none of your business....  if people hate the system remove ypurself from it... but as we live in  democracy don't knock those who are part of it.... the system has been very favourable to everyone. ... no matter which country  uk or france that you take from or have taken from.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

If you create a system that can be abused it will indeed be abused,whether by unscrupulous poor as in benefits or unscrupulous rich as in tax avoidance, if a person pays into a system and is entitled to some form of benefit as in family allowance/childcare allowance ,whether they need it or not is not relevant as there has to be some cut off point..Many things that people do are moraly wrong and its not just limited to benefits,fifty percent get out more than they put in to the system and that includes an awfull lot of pensioners.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

@geegee42....Milking the system means to me claiming things that you do not need or falsifying a claim. In one posters first post they claim to be not working yet then goes on to say they pay a childminder which is basically paid for by the state....why would you need a childminder if you don't work??????.....And you also say '',milking the system is using the benefits system as your main income while making no effort to find work,this is not the fault of the claimant but the system itself''....that's as may be, however it's not the systems fault that many who do claim have no ethics or morals (and probably neither did their parents which is why we have this 'I'm entitled to' generation) and generally think that the world owes them something and they're damn well entitled to it.

Sorry no image available

I don't understand the milking the system bit?,a benefits system is available to all who qualify and claiming a benefit that's available is not milking the system,milking the system is using the benefits system as your main income while making no effort to find work,this is not the fault of the claimant but the system itself, people who milk the system as a percentage are quite small,but some times all you see on TV or in the papers are families with loads of kids living on benefits,which gives people à false impression.

Sorry no image available

@56fr....I am not speechless at what one can milk from the system here (there are people worldwide who milk whichever system they're in) I'm speechless because it seems you lack morals and ethics and are proud of that fact. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Sorry no image available

This discussion has certainly moved on a bit from the family allowance question,but the whether or whether not bit about what people should and shouldn't get relates to an awfull lot more than just family allowance, a lot of people seem to assume that one claims benefits puts it in a big tin and gets buried with it,it all goes back through the system ,ends up in someone else's pocket and quite a big percentage ends up back in the treasury, I think you can easily assume that around 50% of your total life's income will go off in tax somewhere or other,I know some people see some others as a drain on society but its only a small percentage of the population and doesn't really have much overall effect on anything.

Sorry no image available

i wouldn t be speechless, its great,  i m not a troll, i m genuine, i' ll take what is available, and there is alot available for families in France.....

Sorry no image available

@56fr....wow....I am speechless.

Sorry no image available

I m not shy telling people having the government or the tax payers pay for my childcare is awesome,  and getting a little something post birth is very nice...and if i m honest i couldn t give too hoots bout other peoples choices, life is full of choices and if you didn t make the same ones as me and ended up looking at my life with anger, thats your problem...., I m all up for a free lunch....and if anyone else can get it cool..... the alternative in the UK is misery and about 1000 a month.... here life is great....

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme2 - 3 years ago

Just a note on the Bourse for students - if a student has a Bourse, they have to actually go to uni, with a good excuse if they miss a lecture, and do the work or risk losing the Bourse.  Every year they have to make a new application with details of how well they did the previous year.  It's not a free ride for the lazy, it's a way of trying to make sure that all young people have an opportunity to go to university.  It's never the child's fault if the parents have low incomes.