DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

fet advert this week find my past

Posted by stewart lyon - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stewart lyon - 4 years ago

go to DUSTY DOCS        or to family search.org    ,I did untick all the right boxes at find my past and they continued,and I have a friend who is still having his  fee taken 3 months after trying to cancel

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

I hate it when you have to UNclick a box!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 4 years ago

I've now seen the advert at the top of the Anglo-Info discussion page - they rotate, so it wasn't there when I first answered.

If you read the terms and conditions, it clearly says:

"After the initial 30 day period, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price of £9.95 unless you un-tick the 'auto-renew my subscription box' in the My Account section of the site."

So, all you need to do is to untick the box.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 4 years ago

I'm not sure what 'fet' means here?

I've used Find My Past now and then, taking out the odd month's subscription, sometimes on the £1 offer, and using different cards. They have never taken any further funds, the most that happens is an email to remind you that it's expired and a suggestion to renew.

I had a one-month subscription run out a few days ago and received an email: "Your one month subscription to findmypast has just run out. Renew it now for just £9.95 to ensure you don’t miss out on our incredible collections, "

I haven't, they haven't taken any money, and I no longer have access to the payable areas. When I have more research to do, I'll take another month's sub.

Are you sure you didn't tick (or untick) a 'renew automatically' box?

Which free sites have access to all the censuses?

Sorry no image available
Posted by lover - 4 years ago

I agree.