DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Finistere 36 schools under threat

Posted by joffs - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by joffs - 3 years ago

Andsoonandsoforth ....... Correct thats my view too

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andsoonandsoforth-399880 - 3 years ago

It works fine if the children are all working well with no other issues. However, imagine the scenario where there are the three age groups where there are several children with dyslexia or other learning issues who need assistance in the class. I personally would not like my child in a class with that kind of disruption. We have experienced it here already and it's hard work for the teachers and for the children who don't adapt as easily as others. Where does it stop? Once they have implemented the first stage then  it will be easier for them to implelent the 'regroupement' that has already been suggested in several departments. For those who think it doesn't affect them as they don't have children I wouldn't be so sure. It doesn't affect me directly as youngest is in 6eme in September although for me, no primary school means fewer children in the village, fewer families, less need for small businesses such as the boulangerie, bar, tabac etc.... Once all that goes then where is the village life?

Sorry no image available
Posted by joffs - 3 years ago

i know its not unusual and our school already has class sharing. But to get rid of another teacher is pushing it, it doesnt teach the kids very much , just makes it harder for the staff.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

There many schools in both the private and state system who have been doing just this for more than 23 years .Alot of teachers say it teaches the kids to work on their own ,the elder kids help the younger in certain instances to reinforce their own learning .I am not saying it is good or bad just that it isn't unusual here.A very popular and highly rated school in Guiler sur Goyen used to have 3 classes in one Cm1 2 and Ce 2