Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Studying abroad rights to healthcare

Posted by Bod - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bod - 3 years ago

Thanks Karen.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

I don't know about Belgium, but certainly in the UK, students from outside the UK are entitled to full NHS care.

Young people here in France are only entitled to continued attachment to parents' health cover until a certain age (our son was eligible till age 20 because my husband is registered with RAM de Bretagne and not CPAM ,but I think cover with CPAM finishes earlier than that). Once he reached the age limiit he had to register for health cover in his own right. There are schemes for students, but as he is studying in Scotland, we couldn't find a way to get him registered for one as they seem to only accept students studying in France.

Unless you have more success than we did, your daughter may have no choice but to register for healthcare wherever she is studying.