DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Universities - other than UK and France

Posted by pony1 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by valbonne-home - 3 years ago

3rd generation Texas A&M graduate. Costs are dear, +30000 USD per year, but well worth it.

A US degree will far surpase another, anywhere in the world.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Find out if your daughters uni does Erasmus, which is doing a semester or two in a foreign  country and they only speak english whilst beeing taught.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

Another option in the Netherlands is Utrecht - a great place for students

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted 5 - 3 years ago

German universitys are very good as well , A friend of mine works in the European patents office in Munich and his daughter goes to Uni in Munich , its very good cost wise and she gets a bursary..

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Have a look at Maastrict, most of the courses are available in English and fees are negligible. Milan is a completely English language university as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

In Belgium and Netherlands many leading universities teach in English and positively want English students. I beleive the university of Mastricht charges €800 a year in fees. In all cases the accomodation etc is in addition but friends with a daughter at Bristol are charged £500/week for accomodation in term. All the fees should be the same across EU to EU citizens. I beleive that the Norweigan Universities also teach in English but not sure on the costs.

In a previous thread I saw that Scottish Universites do not charge but you need to check yourselves on that. I think it is great your Daughter is looking at a non UK University it should make employment better. Sadly many UK Universities are not top rate but charge as if they are. Many employers will only recruit from "Russell  Group" universities or from another elite group.  So it can be important where you go is related to the skills of the University eg Warwick/Southampton  for Maths. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by heureux - 3 years ago

My daughter studies in Budapest, in English, but costs are similar to UK ie €11000 p.a. + accommodation etc.